Re: Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter Issues

From: "Ken Gunderson" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
> I'm having some issues w/an Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter
> in an OBSD-3.7 firewall.  The card is in the pci-x riser on one of
> these puppies;
> Dmesg complains the "The EEPROM Checksum Is Not Valid".  I've tested
> the card in a Winblows machine and it works.  Any insights as to what
> is going on here greatly appreciated.
We had exactly the same problem with dual and quad versions of these same
cards - we ended up swapping to PCI cards and changing the motherboard to
something with enough PCI slots to support all the cards..  :\
(Well, in between we went to dual-port syskonnect cards, but that's a whole
nother nightmare..)
Cheers,
DG