how can I find the proxyed host

I have read a text with the name:A Technique for Counting NATted Hosts
the text show us how i can check the nated hosts.but in fact,some user
didn't use the nated network agent,but some software with prxoy
agent.The later ,wingate e.g,can completely request the date for client
.The client need only get the data from the proxy agent.It seemed that
i cann't distinguish diffrent host with ID area in this case.Now,my
question is how i can know who is using prxoyed agent.
Wish to reply urgently!
Thank u!
My english is not very well.I wish I have expressed myself clearly!