Re: CARP and switches

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:26:21 -0400 (EDT)
Charles Sprickman <[email protected]> wrote:
> The question that was posed was along the lines of "how does a
> standard  ethernet switch handle carp?".  The questioner wasn't too
> clear and I'm  not sure Jason really knew exactly what the guy was
> asking.  So I'll ask  it here in the hopes of understanding how this
> works.
I will try and answer your question with questions as I do not have a
full answer.
How does a switch handle a broadcast address on CIDR subnets?
All CARP interface boxes will claim to be using the same IP address,
check out the ARP table, they should all have the same MAC.
--
Regards, Ed