Re: pf/carp for redundant production use

On Sep 26, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Chad M Stewart wrote:

On Sep 25, 2005, at 9:39 PM, Jason Dixon wrote:

On Sep 25, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Neil wrote:

Yep, the same behavior when the master dies. The solution that the person in #pf told me is use routing but I don't know how to implement. He told me that it's an issue in pf's NAT.

2) This is not tested, but I suspect that you should be able to use the new interface grouping features in 3.8 to simply assign multiple physical interfaces to the same group. Even if one fails, the other *should* maintain the MASTER state and avoid any partial failure consequences. I'd love to hear from other users or developers that have tried the grouping feature in this sort of scenario.

Can you share where one might read more about the interface grouping features of 3.8?

Sorry, I meant to refer to the new trunking features (man 4 trunk).

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting