arpbalance + bridges

hi list,

i'm using carp arpbalance in a gateway cluster.
the connections are being handled properly when i'm in a wired test environment and everything works really fine.
when i started using the cluster in the real world scenario and setting it as the default gateway in a bunch of host behind some wireless bridges on my network the APs start to get randomly down or with the latency sky rocketing and all the network become very unstable.
i don't really know what can be happening... i can only guess that the bridges are acting in some weird way when they see the same IP passing thru with different MAC addresses.
my network is designed in a star shape. a central convergence point with some APs and and some SUs connected to those APs with hosts behind them.

someone have any idea of what can be happening?

greets,
Lucas