Re: filtering logmein with pf

On 09/07/2005 07:45:05 AM, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
Siju George <[email protected]> writes:

> https://secure.logmein.com/
>
> How do I prevent usage of such software with PF while permitting
http
> access from the LAN at the same time through PF to the Internet???

As far as I can dechipher the marketbabble on the "how it works"
pages,
it looks like the system is based on clients "calling home" via
https,
and "home" then uses the connection just established to keep in
touch.
I think it's https you need to worry about.  You could try limiting
allowed https contact to a list of known good hosts (do remember to
include your boss' online bank in the list).

Maybe prevent https connections from your LAN to the IPs used by logmein.com?

Karl <[email protected]>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein