Re: pinging same host on the internet from two different LAN stations

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:36:18 +0200, Daniel Hartmeier wrote:
>I didn't get a single piece of feedback. Without any testing
>confirmation, this will not make it into 3.8. If this is important
>to YOU, please test it now.
>
>Daniel

For the benefit of the archives:
A smart patch from Daniel fixed the problem. It was committed too late
to make the snapshots that rolled out dated August 21 or 22 (depending
on where you are) but will make the next rollout.
BTW when testing it I found I had ONE box running XP that used an ID of
768 instead of 512. That's one of four I gathered to run the test and
it had a corporate install from the SAME CD as one of the others.
Spooky!
So those of you who had the problem should thank your (pf) maker for
your blessings.
>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?
Do NOT CC me - I am subscribed to the list.
Replies to the sender address will fail except from the list-server.