[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I would like to create a traffic shaping scenario as follows:
Establish and queue on an outgoing interface
with the following properties:
1. Total available bandwidth: "N" Mbps
2. There are "n" active src IP addresses
using the queue to send traffic.
3. All src IPs in the queue share
the bandwith equally. That is each machine gets
a maximum allocation of N/n Mbps. E.g. If there are 10 src IP
addresses sending traffic each one gets a maximum
bandwidth of: N/10 Mbps
4. [optional] One can set a cap for the maximum
bandwidth (M Mbps) for each active src IP in the queue even
in the case that N/n > M.
5. The n active src IP addresses all fall within a known
Can this be done using ALTQ? I believe its possible using dummynet.
Russell P. Sutherland Email: russ @ madhaus.cns.utoronto.ca
4 Bancroft Ave., Rm. 102 Voice: +1.416.978.0470
University of Toronto Fax: +1.416.978.6620
Toronto, ON M5S 1C1 WWW: http://madhaus.cns.utoronto.ca/~russ