Re: Feature request - setting TOS

On 4/17/05, Henning Brauer <[email protected]> wrote:
> * Kimi Ostro <[email protected]> [2005-04-17 17:37]:
> > On 4/15/05,
> > Do we really need keywords for anything other than the most common TOS's?
>
> nah, I think we have that already for filtering on tos (or was it
> numeric only? I had to check).
> not sure wether

well, pf.conf(5) BNF part says:
tos = "tos" ( "lowdelay" | "throughput" | "reliability" | [ "0x" ] number )
that's only three keywords though or a hex value.
> pass in on $some_if keep state set-tos 0x10
>
> would be any good
Quite like
set-tos 0x10
seems more the pf way, rather then to my:
tos = 0x10
the reason I originally said "tos =" is that the filtering rules,
after being parsed by pfctl(8) end up something like:
pass in on rl0 inet proto tcp from any to any port = http
> maybe set tos
> doesn't fit well with the current grammar either

saying that, some of pf's gammar is little perculiar in some respect. hehe.
Regards
--
Kimi