Re: Feature request - setting TOS

I'm an enterprise WAN guy and have made good use of setting TOS in our network:

- Site/access routers set TOS bits on incoming packets, burning up a bit of cpu. Hub/core routers can then queue based on those TOS bits without needing to re-evaluate the packets.

- I heard of some Microsoft traffic being put on the wire with higher priority TOS then normal. Typical routers on typical circuits respect TOS - cisco routers on T1s default to "weighted fair queueing." I like being able to control TOS bits on the corporate WAN.

- I look at manipulating TOS on the internal network as a capability similar to tagging, except I can "tag" (with TOS) a packet in one place and queue off that "tag" in another place.

Set TOS or no Set TOS, I'll still be taking over the world with OpenBSD/PF routers! I have some pretty demanding site-to-site VPN stuff I am working on moving from cisco to OpenBSD and it'll work out either way. :-)

Thanks!
Mike