Re: Feature request - setting TOS

Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:

Kevin <[email protected]> writes:

I believe the idea here is to set TOS bits on the packets as they pass
through the OpenBSD gateway, so *other* routers in the path can act
accordingly, using their own queues and priorities.

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I tend to put a bit more
faith in the things I can control, on my own gear. Setting TOS values is
useful, but only to the extent they are actually honored further down
the track.

Or is this refering to setting where the ToS packet goes ?? ie send a low priority ToS packet to a specified queue instead of filtering by port or ip.

Matt.