Re: Problems with PF

At 01:20 PM 4/11/2005, Kimi Ostro <[email protected]> wrote:
On Apr 11, 2005 1:04 PM, Abdul Rehman Gani <[email protected]> wrote:
> pass out quick on $ext_if from <jamiat> to any keep state queue jamiat_o
> #

Do you REALLY need all those quick keywords in there? to be quite
honest I am suprised if this ruleset worked as you intended.

Also, if I may; pf is a lot less complicated (to me) than IPFilter, yet there is still a learning curve. According to the rule set given by Adbul, the above rule is the last one. When I found out that a quick modifier on the last rule was redundant it became immediately obvious to me what "quick" does. Quick should be used strategically, and its not necessary in the last rule.

Adding my 2 cents hoping to help.