Sample ruleset for dividing LANs

I've been running a small LAN for some time with just two nics, one
for the external DSL router and the other to my personal LAN. Recently
I moved to a nicer apartment complex and would like to share my DSL to
some of the residents. I've added a third nic and attached a Linksys
WRT54G to it. Before I open it up to the complex I was trying to setup
a ruleset that restricted traffic on that network from my own. Could
someone give me a brief outline of how to keep the residents on the
network I've setup for them?
My LAN runs on 192.168.1.0/16 and I'm planning to put them on 192.168.21.0/16
Steve