Re: pf vs ASIC firewalls

Hi all,
Checkpoint guys wrote an article on checkpoint based firewalls vs Asic
firewalls. You can find it here:
http://www.checkpoint.com/promoforms/downloads/Specialized_Hardware_WP.pdf
I do not agree upon all their visions here, but my opinion doesn't matter.
Neither do i believe their software is free of giant and fully implented
locking, same story for ipso on nokia machines.
I believe this is necessary on content level fw's to remain performing
well. And ... what exactly is the difference between proprietary os'ses
and commercial software who don't publish their source?
Bye,
Mipam.