PF and IP Precedence

Hello. I'm using PF on FreeBSD 5.3. I would like to know how PF handles precedence information in IP packets. I'm referring to the header data described in RFC 1812 sections 5.3.2 and 5.3.3 (part of TOS byte).

I guess the first question would be, does PF handle precedence automatically?

If not, can prioritization based on IP precedence be achieved with ALTQ or some other mechanism?

The third possibly rhetorical question is maybe IP precedence is an issue for the kernel and not PF?

I haven't found any good information regarding this issue.

IP precedence prioritization is useful as an easy way to give VoIP packets priority on a network, among other things.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

--

[email protected]