Re: pf performance across platforms

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:29:03 -0700, Mattias R. Lindgren
<[email protected]> wrote:
> With pf being ported across platforms (Net, Free) etc, what kind of
> performance should we expect to find on the other platforms compared to
> OpenBSD?  I seem to remember the Net and Free releases being slightly
> behind Open in terms of features, is this still the case?
FreeBSD is about a release behind for the pf code. That is
intentional, I believe, to let OpenBSD work out any new bugs and limit
the imports to tried and tested code rather than chasing every CVS
commit to the OpenBSD tree.
Performance wise, I don't see any differences.
--
Jon Simola
Systems Administrator