Re: Borrow not working

Alexandre Ilha wrote:
> Hello, everybody.
>
> We've been trying to get "borrow" to work for us, but despite our
> reading every reasonable piece of documentation, messages in this list
> and several web pages - trying to find a solution, it's still not
> working. We also tried to use the same PF configuration on BSD 3.3 and
> 3.6,  with no success.
I couldn't get the CBQ scheduler (I'm in FreeBSD 5.3 which I believe
uses the same underlying code as OpenBSD - ALTQ) to share out bandwidth
reliably.
It wouldn't use all the bandwidth available, even if there was only one
queue in use.
I switched to the HFSC scheduler, and I'm very happy with it. I haven't
been able to find any decent documentation for it with specific regard
to PF, but I read enough theoretical overview documents to have a bit of
a clue. Seems a shame not to have a good document for PF and HFSC, though.
--
Bob