Re: session timeout

One other thing that might be helpful, my mtu is 1485.
-=Tucker

Damien Miller wrote:

Tucker Bradford wrote:

I'm experiencing a very annoying session timeout issue. Its most often noticed when sshing to a host behind the firewall from off site. It doesn't seem to happen when the connection is initiated from another internal network, but that could be due to some bi-directional pass rules.
In any case, a ssh connection from outside to the DMZ will timeout after 5-10 minutes if idle.

You can use ServerAliveInterval in ~/.ssh/config (or ClientAliveInterval
in /etc/ssh/sshd_config) to set up application-level keepalive packets
in ssh. These will keep the connection open through firewalls with short
timeouts.

-d

--

==========================
Tucker Bradford

begin:vcard
fn:Tucker Bradford
n:Bradford;Tucker
org:SETI Instituted;Information Technology
adr:;;515 N. Whisman Road;Mountain View;CA;94043;USA
email;internet:[email protected]
title:IT Manager
tel;work:650-960-4560
x-mozilla-html:TRUE