Re: NAT state not deleted after IP change (DHCP)

Cyrill Rüttimann wrote:

The state of the SIP-Connection remains active in the state table after changing the IP, why?

The state is not expiring immediately.

If I then delete the state, the SIP-Phone registers immediately with the SIP-Proxy.

Try 'set optimization aggressive' which removes state entries quicker.

A general question: Am I right, that I always will lose a SIP-Session if the IP changes (because the state will be deleted)?

Of course. I'd try to get a static IP if possible, if you can't get dhclient to request the same IP. Changing IPs every four hours is ridiculous.