Re: Using DNS names in pf.conf?

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:33:00 +0100, Henning Brauer <[email protected]> wrote:
> * Kevin <[email protected]> [2005-01-19 21:41]:
> > Are there any "gotchas" I should know about when using dns names in
> > pf.conf, specifically in tables used as destinations for permit rules?
>
> well, if DNS is not available by the time pfctl tries to load your
> pf.conf you're pretty much screwed. and pf is enabled very early at
> boot.

may be this is the reason my "SQUID" fails during startup!!
I get a few error message that squid exits due to repeated freequent
failures and after the login prompt appears I get this messages once
more but by that time SQUID is up and running.
A person not used to this might think that SQUID failed to startup
looking at the conslole.
:)))
Thankyou henning for the reply
Kind Regards