Re: Using DNS names in pf.conf?

* Kevin <[email protected]> [2005-01-19 21:41]:
> Are there any "gotchas" I should know about when using dns names in
> pf.conf, specifically in tables used as destinations for permit rules?
well, if DNS is not available by the time pfctl tries to load your
pf.conf you're pretty much screwed. and pf is enabled very early at
boot.
try it out, and most importantly, get clear about the external
dependencies you introduce and their consequences.
[email protected] - [email protected]
(Dennis Ritchie)