Re: Question about tables

yes... you have to notify pf:

pfctl -t spam -T add xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Weiss" <[email protected]>
To: "OpenBSD-PF" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 1:56 PM
Subject: Question about tables

Hi folks,

I have a question regarding tables that are defined in a text file, eg:

table <spam> persist file "/etc/spammers"

When is the looup done? Everytime the rule is evaluated or every time the
content of the file is changing?

If I add an entry to this table like this:

echo "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" >> /etc/spammers

Will the new IP be included or do I have to "notify" PF that I changed
something? I guess the other option is that PF is reading this file
everytime the rule is evaluated and this does not seems like a good idea if
you think about performance.

Greets, Jonathan

P.S: I want to build an WLAN-AC that is configured by an web interface. I
want to include the IP of an authentificated user into a table and only IPs
from the table are allowed to make connections to the internet.