Re: pfctl: carp0: driver does not support altq

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:59:53PM +0800, Lars Hansson wrote:
> Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> >I'd like to have live failover on my traffic shaper box, but when I
> >try to queue on the carp interface I get the error "pfctl: carp0:
> >driver does not support altq"
>
> WHy are you trying to queue on the carp interfaces and not on
> the real interfaces?
If that will work, I'll do it.
It seems to me (now *there's* dangerous phrase :-) that since the
traffic would be going to the IP address of the carp interface, I
would have to queue on the carp interface?  If I can just queue on the
real interface, I'm fine with that.
Can you just queue on the real interface and have it work for traffic
arriving via CARP?  I haven't been able to find any documentation one
way or the other.
==ml
--
Michael W. Lucas	[email protected], [email protected]
	       Latest book: Cisco Routers for the Desperate