Re: Traffic Monitoring, IP

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Miroslav Kubik wrote:

Thanks but your solution seems to be too difficult to set up. I looked at
ntop as well but unfortunetaly current version has some problem in OpenBSD
3.6 according to the ntop forum. So what next?
Well, you can use labels in your pf rules. Something like (just concept):

  pass in from ip_1 label ip_1_in
  pass out from ip_1 label ip_2_out

Then parse pfctl -sl output and use rrdtool to store the data / generate graphs.

I done this in past. One problem I found, it was slow as hell if you want to update every min. -- realtime output. However, I never tried
to optimize this.

MK
Martin.