Re: Help with Emule

Hi,
Thanks for the answer , but ....
First of all there's no error in pf.conf , it's an error in typing ( didn't
use copy and paste :/ )
What about
block in log on $LAN all
block out log on $LAN all
I guess I have to define some rule(s) for $LAN ( internal interface ) if I
want to block anything else on $LAN
Something like
pass in on $LAN inet proto tcp from 192.168.0.10 to any port 4662
pass in on $LAN inet proto udp from 192.168.0.10 to any port 4672
pass out on $LAN inet proto tcp from 192.168.0.10 to any port 4662 modulate
state
pass out on $LAN inet proto udp from 192.168.0.10 to any port 4672 keep
state
Is that sounds right ?
Thanks,
Uri

                      Laurent Cheylus
                      <[email protected]>           To:      [email protected]
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      [email protected]         Subject: Re: Help with Emule
                      ine.cx

                      23/12/2004 15:59

Hi,
On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:47:31AM +0200, [email protected]
wrote:
> I have difficulty to define correct rules to work with Emule.
>
> $EXT is my internal interface and $LAN internal one.
> 192.168.0.10 is computer running Emule
>
> I've defined the following
>
> rdr on $EXT proto tcp from any to any port 4662 -> 192.168.0.10 port 4662
> rdr on $EXT proto udp from any to any port 4672 -> 192.168.010 port 4672
>
> pass in on $EXT inet proto tcp from any to 192.168.10 port = 4662
modulate
> state
> pass in on $EXT inet proto udp from any to 192.168.10 port = 4672 keep
> state
You have some errors with your internal IP (192.168.0.10) in your
pf.conf file : 192.168.010 or 192.168.10 in your rules above.
Correct it and everything will work fine.
You can also suppress 'modulate state' on the TCP pass rule : 'modulate
state' are usefull for outbond connections, not inbound. Replace it with
'keep state'.
I have the same rules to use Emule/Amule on an internal host and I have
no problems (connection on server and HighID).
A++ Foxy
--
Laurent Cheylus <[email protected]> OpenPGP ID 0x5B766EC2