Re: A moment of silence for a fallen comrade...

Ken Gunderson wrote:
Apparently.  We had a consulting company come in that has a lot of
sway with upper management and their big buzzword was Cisco (we're
also forced to ditch our 3com switches for Cisco's...).  So our
steering committee is making us do the transition, even though this
consulting company did an intrusion test on us and got nowhere ;)

Uhmmm.. and let me guess... the "consulting company" just happens to also be a Crisco reseller...>;-/

Maybe someone should point upper management to somewhere like Security Focus and have them do a comparison of PIX and OpenBSD exploits. Then ask the consultants for a refund;-)

Ha ha. As if upper management actually made decisions based on technical merit.

Good one. Funny.

-Dave

--

Dave Mangot		[email protected]