Re: citrix though the firewall...

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 02:31, Per-Olov SjÃholm wrote:
> On Monday 22 November 2004 05.17, you wrote:
> > HI Folks,
> > 	 has anyone written a helper application like ftpsesame that will allow
> > citrix metaframe to work through a pf firewall?
> >
> > Citrix first talks on port 1494 and negotiates a high numbered port
> > which the client then connects back to.
> >
> > I am going to be encouraging users to move to RDP but I need a short
> > term solution.
>
> ???
>
> Citrix does not work like active or passive ftp.
>

> It just talks from client to server on port 1494.
>
> Just accept port 1494 and use keep state... I use citrix myself. RDP works
> perfect as well.
Hi Per-Olov,
	   I'm delighted to here this.  I found two different web articles that
said that it used 1494 to negotiate a high numbered port for further
communication (maybe these refer to older versions??).  This is one
circumstance where I am very happy to be proved wrong!
Cheers, Russell
--
Russell Fulton, Information Security Officer, The University of Auckland
New Zealand