Re: FTP clients behind PF can connect to ftp serves but cannotlist files why?

on 29/9/04 1:39 pm, Siju George at [email protected] wrote:
> It is still not working! Like before the ftp clients behind the PF
> firewall can access the FTP servers on the internet and user
> authentication is also successful but listing of files does not
> succed.
Read up on the difference between passive and active FTP. Then make sure
that you're allowing all the ports out from both interfaces (49152 to 65534
is standard, but you may want to open all high-numbered ports) for the
ftp-proxy user.
Oliver.
--
Oliver Humpage
ICT Co-ordinator, Watershed Media Centre -- +44 (0)117 9276444