Re: FTP clients behind PF can connect to ftp serves but cannot list files why?

On Sep 29, 2004, at 8:39 AM, Siju George wrote:

Thanks Mark for the tip.

So I changed the line in /etc/inetd.conf line to

127.0.0.1:8021 stream tcp nowait root /usr/libexec/ftp-proxy ftp-proxy -n

and also did

kill -HUP `cat /var/run/inetd.pid`

It is still not working! Like before the ftp clients behind the PF
firewall can access the FTP servers on the internet and user
authentication is also successful but listing of files does not
succed.

So I restarted the system (Don't be angry Jason please...)

How could I possibly be angry at such a nice guy? Frustrated perhaps, but not angry. Did you run the command I told you about, and monitor any output? Was anything revealed?

-- Jason Dixon, RHCE DixonGroup Consulting http://www.dixongroup.net