Re: FTP clients behind PF can connect to ftp serves but cannot list files why?

On Sep 29, 2004, at 5:10 AM, Siju George wrote:

configured OpenBSD 3.5 PF as said in the FAQ.

For the clients behind my PF firewall to access ftp servers I put this
line in the pf.conf file

rdr on $int_if proto tcp from any to any port 21 -> 127.0.0.1:8021

I also have the following line uncommented from /etc/inetd.conf

127.0.0.1:8021 stream tcp nowait root /usr/libexec/ftp-proxy ftp-proxy

Now the FTP clients behind the PF firewall cant connect to the ftp
servers on the internet username is authenticated successfully. but
listing of files is not possible.

As pleasant as you are Siju, it's quickly becoming apparent that you lack necessary training for becoming a qualified Systems Administrator. I suggest you unplug your ethernet cable immediately and poweroff your systems.

Of course, should you neglect to follow my advice, you should at least run the following from your terminal and watch as you attempt your ftp sessions. This assumes that you're logging and pflog0 is up. Basic troubleshooting skills like this are necessary for becoming part of the OpenBSD community.

tcpdump -nettti pflog0

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE