Re: Load balancing DHCP (dsl and cable)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:10:23 -0500, Matt Sellers <[email protected]> wrote:
> Which leads me to this: how can I have multiple routes and DHCP leases
> without overwriting my default route on the firewall.  Everytime a new
> DHCP lease comes in i get a new default route, took me a while to
> figure that out.  I assume that this can be set in dhclient.conf
> options, but I do see anything.
Edit your /etc/dhclient.conf and put the following line at the end,
with x.x.x.x
as the default route that you want:
supersede routers x.x.x.x;
I haven't tried it, but you might be able to put multiple routers separated
by spaces:
supersede routers x.x.x.x y.y.y.y;
You will have to kill dhclient and run it again to apply the change.
--
Gragnak the Bold