Re: How do I change my firewall ports to stealth mode?

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:03:55 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
>Personally, I prefer not to reveal the usernames behind the client
>connections I'm making, so I use nullidentd.  It's very simplistic; it
>just returns a constant string for all ident requests.  (It doesn't
>appear to be in ports; I simply grabbed the source code from
>packages.debian.org/nullidentd and built it myself.)

What's better about that than making the flags -Hole on the inetd
settings for identd?
I haven't been got at in any way using that.  Any need for another
approach?
>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?
Do NOT CC me - I am subscribed to the list.
Replies to the sender address will fail except from the list-server.