Re: How do I change my firewall ports to stealth mode?

[email protected] wrote:
http://www.clock.org/~fair/opinion/identd.html

Thanks for giving a link that nicely illustrates my point about people not understanding what ident does:

"The upshot of these assumptions is that when your system contacts the identd server of a remote system, you can trust the data returned that supposedly identifies a user who is trying to use a network service on your server,..."

That's exactly what ident is NOT intended to do, it's intended to help the admin of the machine connecting to *YOUR* machine if/when you need to coordinate something with him/her.

---
Lars Hansson