Re: More Ident nonsense

Daniel Hartmeier writes:
Kevin explained it nicely in

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-pf&m=109639153330355

He has;
"While the identd service is not *mandatory* on servers which send
outbound SMTP email, many remote SMTP servers will query identd when
your machine connects as a SMTP client."

I contend that this is infact not the case, at least not for MTAs
developed within the last few years. I've seen no evidence that
this happens with any of the three MTAs I mentioned that I have
had the mispleasure of installing, configuring, and maintaining
lately. I have actually looked for this condition with Sendmail
v8+ using port monitoring and net sniffing tools, and not found
it. Just don't believe this code is active in later rfc-compliant
MTAs.