Re: Fwd: How do I change my firewall ports to stealth mode?

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:54:24 +0530
Siju George <[email protected]> wrote:
:Hi all,
:
:Most of my OpenBSD ports are seen from the Internet as closed! How do
:I make it in Stealth Mode?
:
:Thanks a lot
:
:Siju
That "Stealth Mode" is a invention by GRC, to sell his crap.  You actually
do want the ports to show up as closed.  Closed ports is how a machine
without a firewall shows ports that it isn't listening to.  Nmap shows
"stealthed" ports as 'filtered'.
But, you can do that by adding "set block-policy drop" to your rules.
--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.