Re: carp + pfsync + sqlnet (Oracle)

[email protected] wrote:

Does anybody protect any oracle rdbms (sqlnet protocol) using
obsd 3.5 + carp + pfsync ? Does it work ? Is it problematic ?

I think for database failover, you'd better use the DB own features.
For example, a quick google grep gave me that:

If you have multiple addresses, you can configure client load balancing and
connect-time failover features, as in the following example.

sales=
(DESCRIPTION=
(ADDRESS_LIST=
 (FAILOVER=on)
 (LOAD_BALANCE=on)
 (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=sales1-server)(PORT=1521)
 (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=sales2-server)(PORT=1521))
 (CONNECT_DATA=
    (SERVICE_NAME=sales.us.acme.com)))