carp and vlans

I hope that's the correct list for carp. I plan to use vlan's with a /30
for each vlan. I read the carp docs and found out, that the I'd have to
configure the 'physical' interface and the carp virtual ip in the same
subnet. Isn't it possible to leave the vlan interface without a
configured IP and just configure a carp virtual for it and saying the
carp interface, that it's bound to vlan XY? Because with a /30, there
wouldn't be any addresses left when configuring one for vlan xy and one
for carp xy :(
Or is there another solution for such a configuration?
Thanks,

Michael Riexinger
systems engineer
--
claranet gmbh   internet service provider
tel   +49 (0) 69  - 40 80 18 - 300