Re: Pfsync not working

[email protected] (Mathieu Sauve-Frankel) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:13:47PM -0700, Chris Golubski wrote:
> > The message I continually get on both for both the external and
> > internal interface is "duplicate IP address 10.0.0.1 sent from
> > ethernet address 00:00:5e:00:01:01".  That looks like an IANA range
> > and I am assuming that it is some sort of reserved multicast mac
> > address (sorry, not too familiar with that).
>
> Could you supply a dmesg ?
>
> What kind of network cards are you using ?
> Some network cards have broken or partial multicast support.
> Multicast support is absolutely essential to get pfsync and carp
> working.
Are you guys really sure this works?  I have tried CARP in the most
simple setup I could.  I have two machines, one network card in each
machine, and I run a crossover between them.  I have tried a pair of
"SMC 83C170 (EPIC/100)" cards, a pair of "Intel 82557" cards, and a
pair of "Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX" cards.  For the most part, when
I configure everything and do a tcpdump I see the VRRPv2 announce from
vhid 1 and from vhid 2... sounds like everything is working, but both
boxes insist on keeping a status of MASTER on CARP0. My hostname.carp0
looks like this on both machines (with differing vhids):
inet 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.255 vhid 1 pass blah
What are the chances that all three sets of cards have broken/partial
multicast support?