Re: Pfsync not working

[email protected] (Mathieu Sauve-Frankel) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:13:47PM -0700, Chris Golubski wrote:
> > The message I continually get on both for both the external and
> > internal interface is "duplicate IP address 10.0.0.1 sent from
> > ethernet address 00:00:5e:00:01:01".  That looks like an IANA range
> > and I am assuming that it is some sort of reserved multicast mac
> > address (sorry, not too familiar with that).
>
> Could you supply a dmesg ?
>
> What kind of network cards are you using ?
> Some network cards have broken or partial multicast support.
> Multicast support is absolutely essential to get pfsync and carp
> working.
One of the interfaces is an "SMC 83C170 (EPIC/100)" according to
dmesg, and the other interface is a "Intel 82557".  Right now with
these two interfaces a tcpdump shows the VRRP announce from vhid 1 and
vhid2 - but both of them insist that they are the master.  I have
other network interfaces that I will try until I can get a single pair
to work.  Thanks for your help, and if you know of a place where I
could find a list of supported network interfaces please pass that
along.