Senseless Waste?

From some other rules files I noticed while scanning the web for
pf-concerned pages:

# Block bad tcp flags from malicious people and nmap scans
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags /S
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags /SFRA
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags /SFRAU
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags A/A
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags F/SFRA
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags U/SFRAU
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags SF/SF
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags SF/SFRA
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags SR/SR
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags FUP/FUP
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags FUP/SFRAUPEW
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags SFRAU/SFRAU
block in log quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any flags SFRAUP/SFRAUP

Is this configuration not covered with

set block-policy drop

Or is there some merit to explicately filtering every flag combination?
(I'd have set the flags in a table but that's me...)