Re: pf and snmp

Matthijs Bomhoff wrote:

As I will need to use SNMP for some of the production code however, I was wondering to what extend it would be possible to control pf and/or the routing table in OpenBSD over SNMP using readily available software. Does anybody know of software to control pf over SNMP?

I am currently working on a MIB and the associated code that will extend the ucd-snmp in ports to be able to pull pf stats. I just need to finish up the bit that handles pf's tables and then I'd like to show it to the community for their input, comments, etc.

For now my MIB will only let you query info; you can't change any settings, tables, etc. That could of course be implemented but I don't have that need for myself.

.joel