Re: tagging & keep state

Philipp Buehler wrote:

On 01/06/2004, Henning Brauer <[email protected]> wrote To [email protected]:

what, the FAQ suggests to filter stateless if you have multiple interfaces? I have to talk to Joel ;)

*IF* possible, you don't want to have multiple states for the same packet.
Wastes RAM for little purpose.

wrong.

stateful lookups are by magnitudes faster than rule evaluation, and,

I think Cedric was talking about non if-bound states; not about
rule evaluation.

Not really.
But I know how to stop a thread before wasting too much
of my time, and more importantly our reader's time :)
Cedric