Fw: memory issue

On Fri, 21 May 2004 09:55:56 +1200 Russell Fulton <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 00:15, Michiel van Baak wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:47:42 +0200 Michiel van Baak <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to setup my spamd table in pf.
> > > I used Daniel's script as he posted it on http://www.benzedrine.cx/relaydb.html as a template for my own script (see below)
> > > When I run my script it fails with the error: pfctl: Cannot allocate memory.
> > >
> > > Any idea how I can make this work?
> > >

> I'm a pf novice but I would suggest that you isolate which invocation of
> pfctl is getting the error by executing the script with -x. You also
> need to tell us how many entries there are in the tables you are
> creating.  Have you looked at the files that are fed to pfctl to make
> sure they are sane?
>
> In short, you have not given enough information to for anyone to even
> guess at what the problem is.
>
> Russell

The line that gets the error is: pfctl -t spamd -Tr -f spammers.tmp
the file spammers.tmp looks valid to me (http://lunteren.vanbaak.info/files/spammers.tmp) and holds 1269907 lines:
cat spammers.tmp| wc -l
/usr/local/sbin/spamfilter> cat spammers.tmp| wc -l
 1269907
When I execute the command it tells me:
/usr/local/sbin/spamfilter> pfctl -t spamd -Tr -f spammers.tmp
pfctl: Cannot allocate memory.
top shows me there is enough memory free:
Memory: Real: 57M/158M act/tot  Free: 57M  Swap: 156M/500M used/tot
Before I tried to load the file into the table I did:
pfctl -t spamd -T flush
The out put I get with debug set te loud:
/usr/local/sbin/spamfilter> pfctl -x loud
debug level set to 'loud'
/usr/local/sbin/spamfilter> pfctl -t spamd -T flush
0 addresses deleted.
/usr/local/sbin/spamfilter> pfctl -t spamd -Tr -f spammers.tmp
pfctl: Cannot allocate memory.
255:/usr/local/sbin/spamfilter>
that 255 is the exit code of pfctl
Hope this is enough info now :)
PS: sorry for the double post. forgot to send it to the list, instead posted it to Russel off list.
---
Michiel van Baak
http://lunteren.vanbaak.info
[email protected]
"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix. I don't think that this is a coincidence."