pfsync is killing my two machines

hi all,
i have pfsync running on two soekris net4801 machines on the sis2
interface over a cross link cable. If both machines are running and have
sis2 and pfsync0 up - then after a while the system load will increase
until both machines are getting a kernel panic ( i can stop it with
simple detaching the cross link cable - but i can't work on the console
because both machines are getting unresponsive ).
On sis2 there is nothing else running
Here is my interface config on machine A:
sis2: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        address: 00:00:24:c1:c7:92
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX full-duplex)
        status: active
        inet 192.168.254.254 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
192.168.254.255
pfsync0: flags=0<> mtu 1348
        pfsync: syncif: sis2 maxupd: 128
Here for machine B:
sis2: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        address: 00:00:24:c1:c7:4a
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX full-duplex)
        status: active
        inet 192.168.254.253 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
192.168.254.255
pfsync0: flags=0<> mtu 1348
        pfsync: syncif: sis2 maxupd: 128
And here is my line in pf.conf for passing the pfsync traffice:
pass quick on { sis2 } proto pfsync
how can i debug this problem ? - is it already know ? - does there
already exists a solution ? - do you need more informations ?
David Krause also pointed out that he is having problems related to
pfsync
best regards
Wolfgang