Re: Traffic shaping in two directions on bridge

Alejandro G. Belluscio wrote:

Well, you could always time the ACKs that you send. So if you assign X bps on the outside interface to IP0, and you get a lot of packets, they will chocke the bandwidth allocation and your ACKs will be delayed, so the other side will back off until it gets comfortable with the ACKs rate. So you can actually allocate bandwidth on hte OUTSIDE interface.

Well, in theory maybe but I don't believe it will work ok. You want to limit 100kb/s download, what bw will you set the acks pipe to? :-) If you really have made this work as you expect to, it's an interesting way to approach it, but I don't see any benefit in it. Is there?

ps: maybe we should start another thread?

BA
--
Bruno Miguel Afonso
Biological Eng. student