Re: carp alias / system crash

hi,
i think i now have found out what was causing the below described
problem. I have a setup as described in
http://www.countersiege.com/doc/pfsync-carp/
I now found out that if the two machines are running (and syncing there
states with pfsync - and sending out carp advertisments) and you assign
an alias to one of the machines but not to the other one - then the
system starts to kill itself (it gets overloaded - espacialy the time
needed for interrupts is going high). But if you add the same ip also to
the second box then it will work
best regards
Wolfgang