Re: IPv6 entries in pflog

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:03:03AM -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:
> I'm wondering, though, if PF/pflogd has chosen to represent these
> addresses in a standard, predictable format, or if it's simply "dumping"
> the address information as it finds it?  I'm only a Perl hacker, so I'm
> having a heck of a time matching regex for all the possible IPv6
> permutations.
If you mean the text representation (like the string
"2001:470:1f01:ffff::2b"), that's always in the same format when printed
by pfctl, as it comes from inet_ntop(3), plus the "/mask" part, which
can be 0-128 for IPv6.
The inet_ntop man page also contains a description of the formatting
rules (like how many digits, all-zero values, etc.), see the section
  INTERNET ADDRESSES (IP VERSION 6)
If you meant something else, please explain :)
Daniel