Hot pluggable NICs - Unknown Interface?

I'm using OpenBSD 3.4-current (FLASHBANG) #3: Fri Jan 16 12:07:23 CET 2004
on a Thinkpad X30. The Thinkpad has a bultin fxp0 and one PCMICA slot.
Recently, I bought an el-cheapo rl0 PCMCIA NIC and wanted to extend my
pf.conf but stumbled over the follwoing Issue:
Here is a simple Test-pf.conf:
ext1 = "fxp0"   # builtin NIC
ext2 = "rl0"    # PCMCIA
wi0 = "wi0"     # PCMCIA
pass in quick on $ext1 inet proto icmp from any to ($ext1)
pass in quick on $ext2 inet proto icmp from any to ($ext2)
pass in quick on $wi0  inet proto icmp from any to ($wi0)
Now, what I get is:
[[email protected]][pf_test] pfctl -n -v -f pf3leg.conf
ext1 = "fxp0"
ext2 = "rl0"
wi0 = "wi0"
pass in quick on fxp0 inet proto icmp from any to (fxp0)
pf3leg.conf:6: unknown interface rl0
pass in quick on wi0 inet proto icmp from any to (wi0)
This is a bit strange, since neither wi0 nor rl0 are plugged in,
I wonder why only rl0 triggers this error whereas wi0 seems to
be handled the right way.
regards,
oli-"Maybe I hust need more coffee"-ver