Re: syn-proxy & application-level-proxy

Can Erkin Acar wrote:

I have been dreaming of passing assambled streams through
the userland. I have not yet come up with a suitable design though.

I've been probably dreaming too, but I would love to have some kind of
"scrub tcp" that would reassemble the stream, before forwarding it.
That would allow me to easily bypass the "PMTU" problems for example,
without having to tweak all clients (Win2000 & friends will send 1500
byte segments, the gateway will reassemble them, and regenerate 1300
bytes segments to the destination transparently, wow)
Is that a crazy idea?
Cedric