Re: IEEE 802.1p priority tagging implementation idea

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 10:43:47PM +0300, Alexey E. Suslikov wrote:
> - add the dot1p scheduler, similar to priq, but with priority
> field reduced to 3 bits and red-only parameter;
> - teach pf 0x8100 ether type;
> - tagging with pf is already in -current;
> - glue the things above.
So you want to assign packets to queues based on the vlan tag?
Don't you see packets for each vlan tag on a specific vlan interface
anyway, so you could use the interface as criteria to assign queues?
Or is that (those 3 bits you mention) something different from the vlan
tag? I guess I might work under the wrong assumption that dot1p == vlan
tags, if so, please correct :)
Daniel